The College has a licence from the ERA (Educational Recording Agency) which allows staff to record TV and radio programmes for educational purposes and make them available through Blackboard. It is also possible to obtain previously transmitted material.
Doing your own recordings
- Only applies to “free to air” channels e.g. doesn’t include Sky channels, on demand services
- TV recordings should recorded in the MP4 format; radio recordings as MP3
- Recordings can then be uploaded into Blackboard for streaming
NOTE: if you upload a recording into Blackboard you need include the following statement where it can be easily seen prior to viewing :
This recording is to be used only for non-commercial educational purposes under the terms of the ERA licence.
Obtaining previously transmitted material
You may make the request yourself or you can contact your Subject Librarian for support. Please note: For a series of programmes, each programme is a separate request.
To make a request:
- Go to TRILT (Television and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching) database (http://bufvc.ac.uk/tvandradio/trilt/) and log in with your College username/password (this gives you access to the full database)
- Search for your programme; requestable material has the BUFVC logo
- Once at the record for the programme, click on ‘Request this programme’ and check your details are correct. Please ensure you select the correct format for TV programmes
If you have any further questions please Email Jenny.