We have now have access to the Institute of Physics new eBooks collection. This is made up of two complimentary collections:
IOP Expanding Physics publishes high-quality texts from leading voices across the research landscape on key areas in physics and related subject areas.
- Authoritative texts – a leading voice on a topic
- Very high production quality
- In-depth texts – 200–500 pages
- Research monographs
- Graduate/advanced undergraduate textbooks
- Aimed at recent graduate/researcher level
IOP Concise Physics, developed with Morgan & Claypool Publishers (M&C), focuses on shorter texts in rapidly advancing areas or topics where an introductory text is more appropriate. These texts will be the “first book” on a topic – either the first book published on a fast-moving area or the first book for anyone looking for a current introduction to a subject.
- Concise – 70-120 pages
- Rapid publication – the first book on a topic
- Interdisciplinary – physics for physicists and non-physicists
- Aimed at undergraduate/researcher level
View the first titles from the IOP Concise Physics collection.
5 titles have been published so far and the other 30 are due between now and January 2015.
These titles are all searchable via Library Search – search for “IOP eBooks” will bring up the contents of both collections.